School Dog, Our Dog Mentor
We sometimes have a school dog on site, our school mentor dog (therapy dog). If she is in the building there will be a poster on the front door. If you are allergic to dogs, or would prefer not to come in contact with her let a member of staff on the front desk, or a member of SLT know.
How to behave around dogs in school:
- Always ask the handler if you can stroke
- Don’t get too excited – always approach dog calmly
- No loud voices – no shouting the dog’s name
- No screaming with excitement to see dog
- Try not to run
- No eating around dog
- Always wash hands after being with dog
- Always make the handler aware if you are allergic to dogs
- Always let the handler know if you’re worried about meeting dog
We are happy to welcome our school dog
(Our Dog Mentor) to school.
She comes into see us a few days a week and we are always very pleased to see her. You can often see her at the gate in the morning or in the playground after school welcoming us to school and seeing us home. She works with some children in school, especially if you need someone to talk to. She is very good at listening!
We especially love it when she comes round to see us.
Look below to see some times she has joined in with our school activities.