Prayer Leaders 2021-2022
The role of a Prayer Leader is:
- To be a role model for others.
- To help others understand that prayer is important, connects us to God and can bring both comfort and joy.
- To serve the school and the community;
- To support Mrs Whelan and other adults in organising whole school events;
- To work together as a team to carry out tasks.
Typical Prayer Leader tasks include:
- Changing the liturgical cloth on class altars;
- Set up for Mass or assemblies;
- Prepare and support Mass;
- Writing or leading prayers for Masses, collective worship and assemblies;
- Represent the school at events in the borough or Deanery.
Meet our 2021 Prayer Leaders
“Being a prayer leader is having faith” Pia
“Being a prayer leader helps keep everyone safe” Deifilia
“Prayer leaders need to be responsible” Syble
“Being a great disciple of God” Kiara
“Being a prayer leader you have to be kind” Caitlin
“It is good to be a prayer leader so you can help others” Cedric
“A prayer leader helps others to keep their faith in God” Mia
“Being a prayer leader is an important job for us to do for God” Nicola
“Prayer leaders are responsible role models” Abarron
“ Being a prayer leader means to respect God” Hayden